- Spell check all story and poetry. There is no excuse for not performing this duty.
- Proofread all entries for grammar and other aspects of writing before submission. No one is perfect but it is the duty of the writer to perform to the best of his/her ability.
- Respect the reviewers. Not all reviews will strictly praise the work. If someone rightfully criticizes a portion of the writing, take it as a compliment that the reviewer has opted to spend his/her valuable time to help improve your writing. Each author will moderate reviews/comments on his or her own stories.
- Use proper textual formatting. For example: using only capital letters in the story title, summary, or content is not only incorrect but also a disregard for the language itself.
- Disclaimer must be used on all fan fiction stories. (Example: “Disclaimer: Mass Effect is property of Bioware. I do not own the characters. No money is made on this fiction.”)
Instructions for Posting Stories
- Sign in to The Nexus Dragon Fiction with your Pen Name(username) and password.
- Hover the mouse over “The Nexus Dragon: Fiction” at the top. On the drop down menu, click “Dashboard”.
- On the left side menu, hover the mouse over “Posts”. Click “Add New”.
- Enter title of Story, or Chapter in first text box. If you are posting a multi-chapter story, please use the following format “Chapter 01 – Chapter Title(if appliacable)”.
- Copy story into main text box.
- From the right column under WordPress Access Control, select the option of “Only accessible by members if your story/chapter contain Adult content, otherwise leave this area clear for public viewing. If the above option is checked, you will also need to make sure that the option “Show in search results?” is checked.
- From the right column under Categories, select appropriate category for the story. If the story is a single chapter/one-shot use general category that best fits. For Multi-Chapter stories, select specific category and sub-categories for name of series and title of story. If a suitable sub-category does not exist for your story, such as a title category for your multi-chapter work, use the “+Add New Category” to create a new one with the appropriate parent category. If you have any doubt at all as to the name of the category or where to place it, please contact the administrators for advice.
- From the right column under Tags, type in the appropriate tags or select from the most used tags. Many of the common tags will already be in the system. Tags should include main characters, warnings, fan fiction universe. These tags are used to create an Index that allows readers to jump to stories they are interested in and are required for submitting your stories to this system.
- From the right column under Featured Image, click set featured image. Images must not be of copyright material. Upload an image from your computer by clicking browse, select image from your computer, click upload. Also see additional instructions below for using the media library. Ideal featured images have the dimensions of less than 300×300. You can click Edit Image to crop and adjust the image as needed. For the size select the size that is closest to 300×300. Click save changes. Click Use as featured image.
- (Optional) Choose custom background. See additional instructions below for addition pictures as background.
- Click Preview. Preview opens in a new tab/window. Check that the post looks appropriate. Make any changes that are necessary.
- Once satisfied click Publish.
Pictures for backgrounds & featured images
Pictures for backgrounds and featured images can be added to the Media Library. This should be done in another window or prior to creating the post.
- Hover the mouse over Media, click Add New.
- Click Browse
- Select image from computer. Do not use copyright protected images.
- Click Upload.
- The page will then go to the Media Library.
- Pictures can be edited on this screen
To use a picture for background click on the image title in the Media Library. Select and copy the File URL.
On the post page paste the URL in the Custom Background URL box.